Sunday, September 16, 2007

I Love Fasting!

I love fasting. I don’t think I could have said that a few weeks ago, but recently I started feeling a bit lethargic in my relationship with God. Desire for other things began to creep in to the point that I was unmotivated to spend significant amounts of time with God. So, after posting about it, I immediately started a five-day fast of entertainment and sweets (my pregnancy-style fast). By the end of the five days, my heart was again passionate about my relationship with the One who made me and loves me most. My spirit was reawakened! I am amazed by the grace of fasting. It truly does release God’s power to work in our lives. And it sped up what could have been a long journey through spiritual dryness and neglect.

Thank You, Lord, for giving us something so simple that we can do to reawaken our hearts to You. By fasting, all I did was humble myself before You, admit my need for Your help, and submit myself in obedience to You. And You met me! Spiritual violence isn’t my effort, but Your grace meeting my need. You fought for me as I placed myself in Your hands. I love You, Abba.

No comments: