Thursday, April 02, 2009

Receiving

As I have practiced and pondered what Christina wrote about, I have begun to experience a new level of openness to the Lord throughout the day. I want to share with you a word that I received for a friend, but I feel applies to all of us as moms and pursuers of God.

"Refreshing, strengthening. Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. He desires to refresh you in the midst of the day-to-day. Turn your heart toward Him, trustingly, and let Him fill you. He has little surprises hidden throughout the day to delight you. You do not need to strive for them; simply open your heart to receive them. Take a moment now and then to stop what you are doing, lift your thoughts to Him, and receive what He has for you. It may seem like work at first, but it's not. It's letting go. He has more for you than you have even thought to ask for. Receive."

Be refreshed today!

No comments: