Thursday, December 13, 2007

Bring the Glory Down!

Lately I’ve started to go back and read what I’ve written the day before to get a context of what God is doing in me. Sometimes, when I read the previous day's journal entry, I think, “Wow. What was I thinking?" I have such high ideals. I often pray such lofty prayers, asking God to be and do things in me that are far beyond my actual experience so far. The reality of my day after that glorious hour of prayer is usually so much more mundane. Often, I don't have a good attitude, a heavenly perspective, or anything like that. I am just functioning as a wife and mom, struggling to even hear God's voice (or remember to try to) for the rest of the day. But what I pray in the morning is what my heart really desires.

Lord, please, help that—that place of communion with You in heavenly realms—be the place from which I think and act during the day. Teach me to walk with my gaze upon You. Help me to reflect Your face, Your voice, to my family. Show me how to keep my mind fixed on heavenly things, not on things of the earth.

And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth. (Col 3:2 AMP)

No comments: