For a few months after the birth of a baby (or babies!) my schedule is completely disrupted. I am sure you can relate. The past few weeks it's been sputtering back into some semblance of order. Now I am starting to feel ready to start my day before the kids get up, but I am having to be reminded why. Why give up an hour of sleep when it seems like tiredness is my constant companion? What should I do with that time when I do get up? This morning I journaled my thoughts, speaking to my soul and trying to listen to the Holy Spirit. I hope they encourage someone that you are not alone in the struggle.
My thoughts get so confused sometimes. Why do I get up early? To be with You. Then why am I so easily distracted? My warm bed lures me to stay even though I know the day will be so much harder if I don't have this quiet time with You first. Baskets of unfolded laundry stare at me. The kitchen pulls with its multiple tasks. Before I know it, this precious hour could be whittled away to nothing. I have the rest of the day to do those things. I have only this hour to be with You.
Why are the best (and, really, most pleasant) things sometimes the hardest? Both laziness and responsibility pull me away from a place of simple trust and obedience. Help me to find the place of rest in You, the place of faith. Here I am, Lord, at Your feet. Putting the first thing first. The rest of the day is for others. This part is Yours. Have Your way with me.
Then, as I put aside my journal and waited on the Lord, I heard His whisper in my soul, "Give in to Me, beloved. I am here. I delight in you. Don't strive. Rest in me."
I pray that you will find a place of rest in Him today.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so good. I can SO relate to this! Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment