Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Repetition

day after day
hour by hour
over and over
again and again

the laundry, the dishes,
the diapers, the breakfasts,
the laundry, the dishes,
the diapers, the lunches,
the laundry, the dishes,
the diapers, the dinners
the bedtimes, the prayers
then do it again

what does it mean?
does it all matter?
what am I doing?
wasting my life??

do all these dishes
and laundry and diapers
and lunches and dinners
get me anywhere?

whispers in quiet
voice always speaking
if I can listen
past all my doubts

"Each act of love,
each act of giving,
really does matter
I really do care.

"Every time that
you wash the dishes,
every item of
clothing you fold,

"I add a jewel to the
gown that I'm making
for you to wear
on our wedding day.

"So don't be discouraged,
My beautiful bride,
I see you and notice;
you will be repaid."

1 comment:

Chalk Inscriptions said...

So needed this one! Lately I feel overwhelmed with laundry and dishes and so this is very encouraging and a good reminder that I am not wasting some hidden talent :)