I hope that your summer is off to a good start. Mine is! I am enjoying a break from school, time to do fun stuff with my kids and get caught up on stuff that's been piling up. Had a week off with my husband in Baltimore while he attended a business conference, and next weekend we're going camping as a family.
So about our group. I noticed that another moms group has started up for the summer during the time that we usually meet. So I am wondering whether there is interest in meeting during the summer, or would you rather wait to resume our times together in late August or September? I am looking for input, because I am fine with it either way.
Also, I am considering some possible changes to the way we spend our time together. I know that I personally crave more time in the prayer room to sit in God's presence and have deep, meaningful conversations with him (kind of like a date night with God). And I have always wanted this group to be an opportunity for moms to enjoy some time alone in the prayer room (a rarity, I know). So, after having discussed this with our co-leaders, we are thinking about changing our format a bit to allow more time in the prayer room. To that end, we would meet for at least an hour in the prayer room, having a designated section of the Bible or chapter of a book to read/study/meditate on during that time. Then we would meet for a shorter time at the end to talk about what God has been speaking to us and pray together. More time with God! I like that!
So ... what do you think? Any thoughts?
I'd love to hear from you.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment